Who we are
Finding your way home
We love watching movies, it´s a time where we can switch off and look through the lens of someone else´s life. ´The same kind of different as me´ is the true story of Ron and Debbie Hall, a wealthy couple whose marriage is almost broken, when they encounter and later befriend a homeless man, Denver Moore. Whilst the couple help him through his own personal and more obvious difficulties, the Halls are left realising that Denver was sent into their lives for a reason. In fact, the lessons they learnt were steeper and more permanent. and by the end of the film, you are left feeling more for the couple who appeared to ´have it all´. Denver, gives a powerful speech where he speaks of everyone being homeless, everyone being lost and they are all trying to find their way home.
Our vision for 2019 in Street Angels, is to help people find their way home, not just off the streets of Magaluf into their hotels, but also in their hearts. Many people we encounter are lost. Loss of relationships, loss of work, loss of health and most heartbreakingly, loss of loved ones. We are here for the broken-hearted, the lost and vulnerable and for when the party has gone wrong. We are here to show Jesus, and what he would do in that given moment. Most people don´t feel they are being heard and even matter to others.
We are here to say you do matter. In fact Jesus said
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11¨28-30 (the Message)
Sarah and Gary Napier
Interested in joining us?
Running Street Angels takes a lot of people! First there are a core team of leaders, then a dedicated group of locals and finally short term teams joining us from the UK and other countries for a few weeks at a time.
If you're interested in volunteering with us, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!
- Do you have some spare time and feel motivated to do something that could make a difference in someone’s life?
- Are you 18 or over?
- Could you care for people who are vulnerable on a night out in town – especially but not exclusively young people?
- Are you a good listener & can you be non-judgmental?
- Are you a good team player?
- Can you commit to being out on the streets 1 night every 4 weeks in the early hours of the morning?
- If you are interested you could come out for a ‘taster’ night with our teams to see if this is something you would feel able to do.
- Please drop us an email email@example.com or give us a call, we look forward to speaking with you.